Friday 12 March 2010

Baby Gets Shaky After School...

'Shaky' is probably going to be a very apt description of my state tomorrow morning... I've got some celebrating to do! I'm heading out tonight with some of the IBM boys to celebrate becoming, in their words, an official tax payer and no longer a scrounging student.


It sounds much more exciting in my words: a REAL, PROPER, OFFICIAL, grown up TEACHER!


Yesterday I had the interview for the VIJ (actually, a quick scan of my drafts folder shows that I never published the posts leading up to this, so I should probably explain that VIJ is the Very Important Job that I've been desperate for) and...

1. I have never been so scared in my life*
2. I really enjoyed being there and know it's the right place for me
3. They employed me!!
4. There was another girl at the interview too, who was so lovely - and they've employed her too, so we'll get to work/be NQTs together!
5. They employed me!!

I officially start in September, but will actually start in late June. I am SO excited, although I woke up this morning CONVINCED I'd dreamed the whole thing! (Yesterday morning, I was convinced I'd slept through the interview, which would have actually been quite an achievement considering I didn't sleep).

I had such a nice time yesterday seeing the department I started my training in. They were all exactly the same - still fabulous. This shouldn't be surprising as it really wasn't that long ago that I was there, but it feels like a VERY long time ago! I can't wait to go back in September as an official teacher, knowing that this time there's no countdown until I have to go. The person leaving is moving onto an even better situation (if such a thing is imaginable); so whilst I am really sad they're going, I'm also incredibly excited for their adventure. (I LOVE it when life goes through those phases of being one big happy adrenaline rush).


As the only girl in the group going out tonight, I usually do all of our organising - but tonight I've been spoiled! The boys have chosen a restaurant for me, one which I've never been to but have been assured is very good. It's Asian, and I love Asian food. Then we've booked a table at P&P, which does a beaauutiful chocolate cocktail... After several of those, we could end up anywhere!







Then tomorrow, I can rejoin the real world of lesson planning and marking - the mocks year 10 did in my absence yesterday are eagerly anticipating being smothered in green** pen...


* That's not strictly true. The scariest moment of my life was when my horse nearly died and I was signing the 'yes you can put my horse down if you need to' papers (they made me!) with one hand; holding a tube in position up his nose with the other; desperately pretending I couldn't feel the blood soaking my legs. Whilst surrounded by six - I exaggerate not - SIX student vets frantically prepping him for surgery. But that's a whole other story.

**(Heaven forbid I use red pen...)

5 comments:

  1. WOOP WOOP! Well done for getting The Job! I knew you were looking but you really should have said something about the VIJ.. Tut tut! :)

    I'll give you two months till you crack open The Red Pen..

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susie!
    I know, someone mentioned my lack of blog posts to me a couple of weeks ago and I was surprised to find just how many I'd written but not published because I'd never gotten around to completing them.
    I'm guessing you're having your own interview right now... Good luck!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats :D:D:D It's nice when you know you are finally out of all the schooling/learning/training and finally a proper employed adult. Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the sweet comment! :)

    btw, check out this post i wrote about replying to comments! you should do it! it'll make both our lives way easier! :)

    http://lookingformypearl.blogspot.com/2010/03/pretty-please.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on landing the VIJ!

    ReplyDelete