Tuesday 5 January 2010

Excitement!

Ohh, two exciting things happened to me today. In order of importance and excitement factor:

Firstly, 'Wales' wrote to me officially confirming my place with Sion in the Showjumping Finals. WAHEYYY! So I filled it the form, wrote my cheque and am all set to go. B thinks she can get us transport for the weekend, the dates are in the Easter hols (so no time off school; also Day One is my birthday!) and my new show jacket has arrived and is beeaaautiful.



No, sadly this is not us.* If only. The horse does look a little like Sion, but Sion has a white stripe. And is, obviously, more handsome, despite being about half the size of this horse.

Secondly, I have my first job application to fill out! This is so exciting. Who knew filling in forms could produce such a thrill? (Yes, I need to get out more/have more sex/whatever). I feel almost like a real teacher... Although I have so many ridiculously naive questions. The form says 'use black ink'; does that mean I have to handwrite it (please God let me be allowed to type it)? Is my referee my mentor or Head of Department? From which school? I've left one and haven't started at the other yet, so I'm currently homeless in that sense. Maybe I should wait a couple of weeks until I've started my second school...?
Fortunately I'm meeting with my uni tutor on Thursday so I can grill her then.

Heading off now to do the cooking/cleaning/general 'fun' housework/finish application form as far as I can/read up on my uni essay/work on my QTS standards tracker like I should have done over Christmas/open a bottle of wine.

Later!

*In order to protect myself from copyright Nazis suing me, I don't own the photo or any rights to it, etc etc. The photo is Little Big Man and Laura Chapot, winners of the $60,000 Kilkenny Internationale Cup at the Winter Equestrian Festival. Photo (c) 2007 Randi Muster. Just in case anyone was wondering...

No comments:

Post a Comment