Thursday 27 May 2010

"But Miiiiiiiiiss......Whyyyyyyy?"

So, following 'story time' at the end of today's lesson, I gathered together my wonderful year 7s and told them I would be leaving after half-term. Two of them cried. For a split second I felt like that incredibly irritating woman in 'The Sound of Music', and was tempted to sweep them all into a giant hug and tell them everything was fine - with some high-pitched singing thrown in for good measure. (Hey, last lesson I made them sit through Kate Bush's 'Wuthering Heights'. Which I sang along to. And then made them sing.* They're used to my caterwauling).

*They loved it, really.




Then I remembered what I was leaving them for and told them to man up and get out of my classroom.


A mere 6 teaching days until the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment